Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated Episode 25 Review

Well, it is once again Tuesday night, and it is yet again time for another new episode of Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated.

Tonight, we are at the penultimate episode of Season 1 of SDMI, that being of course episode 25, which is titled "Pawn Of Shadows". Granted, there's plenty of interesting stuff that's going to happen in this episode, and it is a pretty good setup for next week's episode 26 which is the season finale, and which is titled "All Fear the Freak".

Tonight, I am going to try something that I used to do, but I will try doing it again. I am going to do a live blog for tonight's episode; because I have the Eastern feed of Cartoon Network on DirecTV, I can watch the episode when it first airs.

Also, I have decided to do this because this is a very important episode, and it definitely warrants a live blog(if you've read the spoilers for this episode of course, you know what i'm talking about; if you haven't, that's cool too) at least in my mind.

Hopefully i'm not spoiling anything for anyone that has not seen the episode as of yet. Although, I guess since this is the Eastern feed that i'm watching, or going to watch, technically I won't be spoiling anything, at least I hope not.

4:25 PM: For all my readers of the blog, don't forget that next Tuesday around this time, there will be a special live chat at Velma Chat which is through Velma Dinkley.com, and the Velma Dinkley Yahoo Group. It will be for the season finale of SDMI, and of course I will be involved in the chat, so I would highly recommend coming in, and chatting about the episode.

4:29 PM: Here we go, time for the penultimate episode of SDMI for season 1.

4:29 PM: Cool, it's the original Mystery Incorporated!

4:30 PM: OK, this is the first time i've seen the original Mystery Inc. doing their thing on this series, and they are awesome! I'm thinking spin-off, what about all of you?

4:31 PM: Man, Ricky's exactly like Shaggy; who knew?

4:31 PM: Whoa! Is that the freak? Man, he does look creepy.

4:32 PM: Angel Dynamite err Cassidy Williams is back...

4:32 PM: So, we have the gang investigating the curse of Crystal Cove to start.

4:32 PM: Hmm... Daphne and Fred are planning their engagement, sort of.

4:33 PM: Wait a minute, Daphne's sister... trained chickens to spell out here name? Jeez...

4:33 PM: Backwards and in spanish... ah-ha!

4:34 PM: Another letter from Mr. E? About time...

4:34 PM: Begin where this mystery ended? Hmm...

4:34 PM: Professor Hatecraft's back, cool...

4:35 PM: The Dusk vampire novels? Well, it took them long enough, but we finally got a Twilight reference on this show!

4:35 PM: "We've been teenagers forever?" LOL

4:36 PM: Holy blank! The obliteratrix is freaking scary...

4:36 PM: So, Regina Wentworth is the name of the author of the Dusk series? Who's the author of Twilight? Maybe Regina Wentworth is a parody of the author's name of Twilight.

4:39 PM: She killed the Mystery Machine all right... WOW!

4:40 PM: A Ghost assissan? That's new...

4:40 PM: OK, this Dusk writer sounds exactly like the writer of Twilight; no wonder why I hate Twilight...

4:41 PM: The Mystery Machine will be avenged huh? OK...

4:42 PM: Hey, it's Mr. E, Angel and the CEO of Destroido? Of course he was there...

4:43 PM: That was the dumbest name for a novel ever. And I mean ever...

4:43 PM: Interesting...

4:43 PM: Trap Tracker? That's... great...

4:44 PM: Hatecraft, you are trying waaaaay too hard...

4:44 PM: Fred with fangs, and the skin of boiled pork? Jeez...

4:45 PM: Fred as a vampire would be interesting to be sure.

4:45 PM: Not again with the Obliteratrix...

4:45 PM: There is something suspicious about where and how she keeps getting those weapons...

4:46 PM: This episode has way more stuff blowing up then what usually happens in Scooby Doo...

4:46 PM: She escaped to blow stuff up another day...

4:50 PM: Cool, Sheriff Stone's back...

4:50 PM: Ooh, the professor got fired, man...

4:51 PM: Obviously the Parrot didn't do it, although that makes sense.

4:51 PM: The Old Spanish Church... so, does that prove this series is set in California? I'm betting that's where Crystal Cove is...

4:52 PM: Ah, another locket...

4:52 PM: To be fair, I would freak too if a rat was climbing on my face.

4:53 PM: A hidden entrance to the mines? is that the same as the caves?

4:53 PM: Dude, it's not Regina...

4:54 PM: Angel Dynamite to the rescue!

4:54 PM: Catfight! Sorry, it's just that, that's kind of cool...

4:54 PM: Alice May, yet again...

4:55 PM: Of course he did; and it all makes perfect sense.

4:55 PM: Quest? As in Johnny Quest? Awesome!

4:56 PM: Miss Meddling Sassy Pants? I like that...

4:56 PM: Wonder what the dean wants?

4:56 PM: Japan? Go figure; although somehow i'm not surprised.

4:57 PM: She sure did save their tails, but she's not who she says she is.

4:57 PM: DUH! Of course she's Cassidy!

4:57 PM: So, being in the caves caused them to leave Crystal Cove.

4:58 PM: No, the mystery is not over! Not yet.

4:58 PM: The Freak of Crystal Cove? So, he was the one threatening the original Mystery Inc.

4:59 PM: Cool, a promo for the season finale, with CN of course calling it a "Special Episode", of course it is, it's the SEASON FINALE!!! (Sorry for the all caps).

So, it's come down to this: Secrets will be revealed, mysteries will be solved, and things will not be what they seem at all. And of course, I will be here to blog about it, and we'll get to look forward to season 2(whenever that will be).

As for a rating, i'm going with a 9.8; this episode had Mr. E development, Angel revealing who she really was, a new threat revealed, and plenty of curious developments, which i'm sure will keep us guessing.

Check out the blog next week, because i'll have all the coverage. And trust me, this will be a cartoon version of Who Shot J.R., you will not believe your eyes; see you all then.

5 comments:

hobbyfan said...

I just watched this On Demand earlier tonight.

So what we're getting from this is Fred and the gang are caught in the middle of a petty feud between Ricky (Mr. E) and Pericles. Seems they used to be as tight as Shaggy & Scooby are now. Makes one wonder.......

Now, there are trust issues between Cassidy/Angel and the gang. Some gratitude.

Now, wait a second. Didn't Fred just propose in the last episode? So why not say they're planning the W-E-D-D-I-N-G? Hmmmmm.......

The more Scooby asks actual, sensible questions, the more I believe they're trying to make him to be a little more into the action before his natural cowardice takes over. Maybe it's because he is the analog to Pericles, but this is a little out of character for Scoob, but an improvement.

Knowing what I know about next week's show, I'm prepared to unleash some serious venom unless convinced otherwise. Later.

Scoobyfan1 said...

@hobbyfan: I totally understand, and I've already got my own criticisms lined up, but I won't post anything until after Tuesday.

My criticisms, to give you a brief preview, are going to be with certain things but I can't give you anything now.

But rest assured, after Tuesday heads are going to roll.

Sagg said...

Wow, that sounds ominous, Nickle... >:)

Scoobyfan1 said...

@sagg, thanks, I think; after this episode airs i'll have plenty to say about certain characters on the show.

I won't be able to catch the west coast airing of the show because i'm getting a hair cut tonight if all goes well.

However, i'll be watching the east coast airing tonight and once it concludes, i'll be composing a blog which i'll probably post later tonight, or tomorrow depending on when I can get to it.

But for the most part I have all my thoughts together and i'll be putting them out there later today or tomorrow.

As for sounding ominous, I guess it does. And rest assured, after seeing the entire first season, I have things to say about certain characters on this show.

Scoobyfan1 said...

@sagg, I posted the blog review about last night's episode, plus a review of Season 1, and I have got a lot to say, especially about one Mayor Jones.