Monday, August 23, 2010

Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated Episode 7 Review

Well, here it is Monday Night and time for another installment of Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated; this week’s episode is titled “In Fear Of The Phantom” and it features a guest appearance by those girl rockers from Oak Haven: the one and only Hex Girls(I was using kind of a disc jockey voice there, I always wanted to be one and I guess I got carried away)

Anyways, this will be another sort of live blog(the internet connection at the resort I’m staying at isn’t really that great so what I will do is write my review during the show and post it after it’s over); it will basically be random comments and observations and I hope everyone enjoys it.

7:00 PM: Show Time!

7:00 PM: YES! The Hex Girls are back, and they can still rock!

7:01 PM: Ah, this must be the Phantom

7:01 PM: Velma acting like a fan girl is pretty funny

7:02 PM: Interesting beginning and Scooby’s still mad at Shaggy, oh boy

7:03 PM: Daphne singing? It works, it really works

7:04 PM: Why does the band manager look like Alexander Cabot from Josie and the Pussycats?

7:04 PM: Daphne’s the bait? That’s a first

7:05 PM: Daphne does look the part of a Hex Girl doesn’t she?

7:06 PM: Daphne got kidnapped? Of course she did; and what’s up with Fred? Is he going to really admit that he loves Daphne?

7:09 PM: I really don’t like commercials, of course I say that all the time

7:10 PM: The sheriff is at it again, he really is pretty dumb isn’t he? Of course what would you expect from Patrick Warburton aka Joe from Family Guy

7:11 PM: “Why must I feel?”, um Fred, all guys have feelings and yours are just coming out

7:11 PM: Shaggy and Scooby are at each other’s throats, sort of

7:12 PM: Again with the trap? Fred, my friend, stop obsessing with the traps!

7:13 PM: Here we go with Fred’s dad again

7:13 PM: Daphne’s back, and she isn’t happy with Fred

7:13 PM: Is Daphne now a diva? WOW!

7:13 PM: Scooby doing ventriloquism? Weird

7:14 PM: Daphne’s getting a makeover? Wait, does she need one?

7:14 PM: Is Fred going to sing? Nope, but he does have feelings for Daphne

7:15 PM: Crush? Great Rock Star Name Daphne

7:15 PM: WOW! Daphne was just a bit harsh wasn’t she?

7:16 PM: Hey Vincent Van Ghoul’s back and he’s a monster? Maurice LaMarche is still a great Vincent Van Ghoul though

7:16 PM: Is Shaggy fighting with a dummy?

7:17 PM: Shaggy and Scooby find the villain? Old School Scooby Doo at it’s finest

7:20 PM: Ah, a good old fashioned “Villain tries to look everywhere to find Shaggy and Scooby but can’t” scene, love that

7:21 PM: WOW! The bus blew up only a few moments after Shaggy and Scooby got out, now that’s real drama

7:22 PM: Wow moment of the week: did Shaggy and Scooby actually find a clue?

7:22 PM: Man, Shaggy and Scooby are really becoming good detectives, wait they already were, never mind

7:24 PM: Daphne a song writer? Hmm… This has possibilities

7:24 PM: Oh yeah, did I mentioned Daphne can sing? And that Grey DeLisle has a great singing voice, I guess I didn’t, or did I?

7:25 PM: Fred? Earth to Fred, she wrote the song about you! Say something!

7:26 PM: I really like Daphne’s cape, or whatever that is

7:26 PM: Wait, the phantom waited until after the song to make his move?

7:27 PM: I knew it was him! I knew it was Daniel, or whatever his name is

7:27 PM: They can make any song a hit? Kind of like the Beatles huh?

7:28 PM: Ah, Fred finally tells Daphne how he feels about her, aww how sweet

7:28 PM: Shaggy and Scooby are friends again, sounds good to me

7:29 PM: Wait, what was Velma doing waiting for Shaggy and Scooby by the Mystery Machine?

Well, another episode down and another mystery solved; although this one was more Fred/Daphne centric and didn’t have much Shaggy/Velma, but it was still good; and Fred finally told Daphne how he felt about her.

Overall I liked the episode and it felt like a classic Scooby Doo episode, I give this week’s show a 9 ½ out of 10, close to a 10 but I held back a little; I didn’t give it a 10 because Shaggy and Scooby did most of the mystery solving which made the episode seem like a Scooby and Scrappy show from 1980-1982, anyways I’ll be back next week in the Evergreen State with another blog/review, bye until then

No comments: